HTML forms are a crucial component of any website, providing an easy and efficient way for visitors to contact website owners. However, without a backend form processor, form submissions cannot be processed, making it impossible to receive emails.
In this tutorial, we will guide you through the process of sending HTML form data to an email address without using PHP. You will learn how to create an HTML form, connect it to a backend form processing service, and receive email notifications for every submission.
Step 1: Create your HTML Form
To begin, you need to create an HTML form that collects the necessary information from the user. You can either hand-code your HTML form from scratch or use a form builder tool. Two useful resources you may want to checkout - ReusableForms.com where you can copy HTML code or Rakenta.app where you can visually design your form and copy pure HTML code.
Step 2: Connect to a Backend Form Processing Service
Now that you have created the HTML form, you need to connect it to a backend form processing service that will collect the form submission data and send you email notifications.
One option is to self-host a custom PHP script that will handle the form processing. However, this can be a complicated process that requires setting up a web server with PHP support, emailer, and a database if required.
A simpler option is to use a service like Ratufa.io, which requires only one line of code to be added to your HTML page. Ratufa.io takes care of all the backend form processing, email notifications, and even supports Stripe for payment processing, allowing you to turn a plain online form into an order form.
To connect your HTML form to Ratufa.io, follow these steps:
- Go to Ratufa.io and click the “connect my form” button to get a line of code.
- Add the code to your form page and test it by submitting the form.
- Your form submission gets processed by Ratufa.io, and you can set up email notifications or auto-responses.
- Creating a Captcha HTML Form Without PHP - A Hassle-Free Solution
- How to add a full-feature contact form to your website without PHP
- How to create a file upload form without PHP
- How to create a working email form without PHP
- How to create a working jquery email form without PHP