Having file upload boxes in contact forms will be greatly convenient for some web sites. For example, if the visitor can attach his/her photo and resume, that will greatly enhance the form's functionality. Here is a contact form that you can customize for your needs. Also see free file attachment forms from ReusableForms.com
# Download the contact form code
You can download the contact form that best fits your needs and then customize as required.
# Features of the contact form
- You can have any number of file upload boxes
- Standards compliant (100% XHTML 1.0 strict validated, uses CSS)
- Secured against spam bots and attacks
- Easy to customize
- Hosted on your own web server
# Installing the contact form on your web site
- Unzip the downloaded contact form code.
- Edit contactform.php and edit the email address to your email address
$formproc->AddRecipient('email@example.com');//<<---Put your email address here
- Upload the folder contents to your website (to a sub-folder say,
- The contactform.php contains the form. You can link to this file or embed the form using iframe.
Here is sample iframe code to embed the form:
<iframe src='/contact/contactus.php' frameborder='0' width='100%' height='600' ></iframe>
Alternatively, you can modify contactform.php to have the same look of your web site.
# Customizing the form
If you want to add one more file upload box, do the following:
- open contactus.php in a text editor
- Add the HTML code for the file upload box(just like the existing one for the photo). Gove another unique name and id for the file upload box
<div class='container'> <label for='photo' >Another upload:</label><br/> <input type="file" name='newupload' id='newupload' /><br/> <span id='contactus_newupload_errorloc' class='error'></span> </div>
- Add one more line on the top of the contactus.php
$formproc->AddFileUploadField('photo','jpg,jpeg,gif,png,bmp',2024); $formproc->AddFileUploadField('resume','doc,docx,pdf,txt',2024); $formproc->AddFileUploadField('newupload','',2024);//<<------- New file upload
You can edit the contact.css file to change the style of the form.